Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Beginning Research

I'm already having trouble with this whole blog thing. I had too many windows open and Safari quit on me, deleting my new post. If only I hadn't been looking for an Ouran High School Host Club picture....but it had to be done.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Is it so wrong that I'd like this to happen to me? Maybe. (Click on it to learn more about the show!)

Perhaps I should start at the beginning of my research and not skip right to the flashy anime picture. On Saturday I finally decided to face the daunting task of picking an aspect of Japanese culture to do my project on. So, I went to the library, checked out some books on japanese culture, and skimmed the about three chapters that I deemed interesting (none of which actually pertained to my final pick.)

And my choices are…
1. the night life of salarymen

2. Host Clubs


Anyway, I’m also considering yaoi culture and Japanese school girls, but I’m not sure what kind of hot spots there would be for that in Minato-ku. My two choices, however, have great potential for me to do some exploring in Roppongi. These might be some perhaps dangerous (and definitely expensive) adventures in Japan indeed.

1 comment:

Abby Bennett said...

Hi Helen.

Great to see you have started your blog! I just set up our class blog and will keep adding more info as we get closer! Add us on your side links and looking forward to meeting you in a few weeks!

Best, Abby